Updated: Mar 22, 2018
Hello Everyone! I had a completely different post idea planned for today, but sometimes life happens, things change and you must adapt. I also wanted to share some BIG news with you!
Yesterday I put in my 2 week notice at my day job. This was not an easy decision because as you all know, there are bills to be paid. Taking that leap into the unknown is terrifying, but I think necessary. I'm going to focus all of my attention, time and energy into building my business. So I wanted to share some cool maybe weird facts about me so that we can all get to know each other!
1. I have been drawing ever since I can remember. Somewhere around the age of 12 or 13, I discovered I could draw clothing. Trust me, I wasn't very good, but I worked hard, practiced everyday and have gotten much better. Naturally I went to college to study fashion design. What is that one thing that you just love to do?
2. After graduating college, I worked in Manhattan as an assistant designer for a leather goods company. It was an amazing experience. There is so much to think about when designing, from construction, to sourcing materials, hardware, pricing, etc. But it made me question, why am I sending my designs over to China to be made? Why can't we make them here?
3. I moved to Raleigh, North Carolina 3 years ago this month. I never realized how much work moving was until then! But it was worth it. Raleigh is a beautiful city. The weather is usually pretty nice. I've made some amazing memories here and can't wait to make more! Where is/was you favorite place to live?!
4. Two years ago, my boyfriend and I decided to get a dog. So we went to our local SPCA and found our girl Lucy. I take so many pictures of her, its a little crazy. But I can't help myself! She is so darn cute. Lou is always by my side no matter what I'm doing. Cooking, sewing, yard work, sleeping, you name it. Her sweet nature always makes me smile no matter what mood I'm in.
5. The fashion industry is cut throat. How do I even compete with big brand names like Target, Kohl's, Marshall's, etc? I don't know, but I do know that I'm going to work my hardest to do what I love. I just want to express how grateful I am to be able to pursue my passion. And I hope that if you have the opportunity, you take it! Because we only have this one life.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about me and my background. Please feel free to add your thoughts/comment below because I would love to hear your story!